Jehovah-Shalom, The God of My Peace
Judges 6:11-13, 23-24
12. And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 13. And Gideon said unto him, oh my Lord, if the LORD, be with us, why has all this befallen us? and where be all His miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites. 23. And the LORD said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die. 24. Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
I want to begin this article by letting you know that God said, "In this hour, I'm giving My people peace". The next thing I heard was, "They have to receive My peace". How do we receive His peace? 1. quiet our mind: take control of our thoughts with the help of the Holy Spirit. 2. shut out distractions: choose to spend uninterrupted quality time with Him. 3. meditate on Him: His love, goodness, mercy, faithfulness, provision, purpose and plans for our life. 4. assure ourself: no matter whats going on, or going wrong, God got me. He will come through for me.
The enemy's intent is to overwhelm us with our circumstances causing psychological overload or meltdown due to too much stress, and not enough strength to deal with the problems of life.
His desire is to exchange God's peace in our life with various challenges that create fear. He wants to make fear the director of our life instead of faith.
There are two things necessary to maintain peace in our life, God and His Word. These are the anchor for our soul, and the navigation for our success in life. Without them depression and oppression will be our portion. This is not Gods will for us!
Points to Ponder
1. His peace is our protection in every crisis, calamity, or chaos.
2. He will always make a way for us. He is, and always will be Jehovah-Jireh.
3. He has an open door of blessings and breakthroughs with our names on it. Believe it!
4. His answer to our prayers are always yes when they are according to His will and Word.
5. He wants us to know, the adversary cannot and will not stop His plans for our life.
John 14:27, Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Receive His Peace!
Apostle, Dr. Beatrice House
Prayer: Father, I ask You to fill every heart and mind with Your Shalom. Remove fear, doubt, depression and oppression. Meet the needs of Your people. Thank You for Your great love, kindness, and faithfulness. In Jesus Name, Amen!